Who does quantitative geomorphology with GRASS?

Raymond Venneker venn at geo.vu.nl
Fri Mar 11 06:35:07 EST 1994

> We would like to get the names and addresses of people who
> are using GRASS and DEM data to generate a stream drainage
> network and the derivative quantitative geomorphic
> parameters (Horton-Strahler or better).  That is, who has used
> GRASS to get stream orders, and number, length, slope,
> drainage area, etc., per order?  We know of this having been
> done with ARC-INFO, and we know of Garbrecht's generation
> of these data with Fortran, but who has done it with GRASS
> only?

I'm currently working on calculation of the cummulative upslope catchment
area draining trough each cell based on a divergent flow algorithm by
T. Graham Freeman: Calculation Catchment Area with Divergent Flow Based
on a Regular Grid, Comp. & Geosc. 17-3 pp 413-422, 1991.
   First I want to finish this for GMT grid files, later perhaps for
GRASS. The reason for prioritizing GMT is that it supports floating point
rasterdata.

Could you please summarize the responses to this subject on the list

Raymond