GRASS and HP RTL

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Tue Mar 15 12:47:57 EST 1994

> From grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil Tue Mar 15 11:25:46 1994
> Date: Tue, 15 Mar 94 16:08 GMT0
> From: N R A <nra at cix.compulink.co.uk>
> Subject: GRASS and HP RTL
> Sender: grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil
> To: GIS-L at ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu, grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
>

> I've found out that our Novajet plotter also accepts 'HP RTL' which I
> presume is Hewett Packard's format for raster images - can anyone tell me
> more about 'RTL' and especially is there any documentation available -
> I'm interested in developing a driver for GRASS to plot to the Novajet.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Steve Culshaw
> NRA North West
> e-mail : nra at cix.compulink.co.uk (general usage)
> or         sculshaw at cix.compulink.co.uk (Private - only checked at best
> weekly)

Steve,
Here is some information placed on the list several months ago.  As far as
I know the information is accurate and should apply for the Novajet also;
at least the software conversion packages.  SCS has 5 sites with the
Novajet II, but only one has looked at the software conversion packages.
They have not given us any information on their results.

Good Luck,
Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov