MAPGEN

George Taylor oregon at chaos.ATS.ORST.EDU
Thu Mar 17 13:09:35 EST 1994

Thanks to all who responded to my question about auto-labelling of
contour lines in MAPGEN.  Apparently, there is no method in MAPGEN
or GRASS to accomplish (this certainly makes it on my wish
list of new GRASS/MAPGEN commands)

Another question has arisen about MAPGEN.

I've imported a vector file using "make.line" and displayed it.
The vector file was originally generated from r.contour.
Displaying the file shows no broken lines.
If I run the "lines" command with the "-B" for Bezier curves
option (with the remaining options for the "lines" command the same
as is used in the make.line script) and display the results, the lines are
smoother but some of them are broken or incomplete. Could an experienced
MAPGEN user explain why this happens?

Wayne Gibson
Oregon State University