Development of elevation maps

Simon Cox simon at artemis.earth.monash.edu.au
Fri Mar 18 09:25:34 EST 1994

> Sharyl, there is no need to convert the vector first to raster and then to
sites
> with v.to.sites you can convert the vector file to sites, without losing any
accurence.
> *             Ronnie Lassche                  *
> *       Department of earth sciences          *
> *              Free University                *
> *                 Amsterdam                   *
> *               lasm at geo.vu.nl                *

With this approach you must be careful to use the -i -a and dmax
options or else you will only get the vertices.  Also, I am not sure if the
sites-list will be in the required format for s.surf.tps - this needs
a # before the values (I understand that this will be fixed in the
next release).

Simon

----
      __  L     Dr Simon Cox
   ,~'  L_|\    VIEPS Department of Earth Sciences,
,-'         \   Monash University, Clayton Vic 3168
(   soon     \  Australia
X<~~~~~~~~~  /          Phone +61 3 905 5762
 L,~'   "\_x/           Fax   +61 3 905 5062
           u    simon at artemis.earth.monash.edu.au