grass CELL -> ppm?

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Mon Mar 21 16:03:51 EST 1994

> Does any one have experience/recommendations on converting GRASS
> graphics written to a CELL monitor into a format the ppm utilities
> can use?  Grayscale is no problem:  rawtopgm turns an uncompressed
> GRASS raster directly into a pgm (grayscale) file, but I don't see
> how to make a conversion for color graphics.  I know there's a
> corresponding rawtoppm routine, but I can't get it to work.
>
> Any ideas or pointers appreciated.
>
> Neel Smith
> nsmith at abacus.bates.edu

You could use "r.out.tiff" to output the CELL raster file in tiff format; this
can easily be handled with pbm utilities.

r.out.tiff is created by compiling src.contrib/SCS/raster/r.tiff

Note: You'll need to uncomment line 13 of r.tiff/cmd/r.out.tiff.c :

/*#include "rasterfile.h"*/

should be

#include "rasterfile.h"

Good luck,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159