digitizer

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Mar 22 15:11:12 EST 1994

> Hi Grass users,
> I am trying to set up our CALCOMP 9500 digitizer to our SUN station. The baud
> rate is 9600 and the data bits are 8 bit.  I looked at the list of available
> digitizers in the etc/digitizer/ file.  How can I tell if any of the digitizers
> on the list correspond to the digitizer that we have?  For example, what does
> cc95f23_16 mean?  Any help that you might be able to provide will be
> appreciated.  Thanks, Kathy Doyle

Hi, Kathy
If you look under $GISBASE/etc/digitizers, you'll see that the driver files are
ascii, and have a little bit of header info in each one:

124%>>more cc95f23_16

# Calcomp 9500  Binary format 23
#
# Originally build and tested by
#  Terry Baker and David Gerdes  USA-CERL  1992

setup
{
    digname = Calcomp
    description = Calcomp digitizer, binary format 23
    buttonoffset = 1
    buttonstart = 0
    buttons = 16
    baud = 9600
    units_per_inch = 1000
    stop_bits = 1
    data_bits = 8
    parity  = none
}

(lines deleted)

Hopefully your digitizer manual should shed some light on what "binary format
23" really is!

Hope this helps,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159