Semi.var

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Fri Mar 25 13:39:37 EST 1994

Don Catanzaro (dgc at cast.uark.edu) writes on 25 Mar 94:
>	I seem to remember some talk a while back about creating some grass
>programs that would calculate semi-variagrams...Does anyone know about the
>progress ??

unfortunately, there's not been much progress. I was doing it
just for funzies (started as an independent study project), but
now that I'm contemplating graduation...

Some of the basic functions are finished but the interface (Vask)
stinks. It's on pasture.ecn.purdue.edu:pub/mccauley/grass and requires
g.gnuplot (for plotting, dartmouth.edu). Anyone is welcome to
finish it if they want - it may be a while before I can get back
to it (just let me know so that nothing is duplicated).

In a related matter, someone else has started taking a look at
the kriging code originally done by Chris Skelley.

--Darrell