read

Josef Fuerst fuerst at donau.boku.ac.at
Mon Mar 28 14:17:35 EST 1994

> Ok everyone, here is my script that won't work on my Sun Sparc2
> SunOS 4.1.3 (a small portion of it):
>
> # this program converts RainForm Gold format into grass
> #
> #!/bin/sh
>
> echo "This program converts Rainform Gold data into"
> echo "Grass binary data"
>
> echo "Enter the name of the file to be converted: "
> read infile
>
> echo "Enter the resultant filename: "
> read outfile
>
> v.in.rform $infile $outfile
>

> Now I know this should work and you guys know it should work but
> when I run it I get the following errors:

To my knowledge, the line #!/bin/sh should be the first line of your script.
On my HP, from the c-shell, the script works, if I put this on the first line!

Your second approach works because it is c-shell and you probably start the
script from the c-shell.

Josef Fuerst
Dipl.Ing. Dr. Josef Fuerst
Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
Institut fuer Wasserwirtschaft, Hydrologie und konstruktiven Wasserbau
Nussdorfer Laende 11
A-1190 Wien
AUSTRIA

Tel: +43 1 3692924 360