more digitizer

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Tue Mar 29 16:51:51 EST 1994

>  I still am not able to get our digitizer set up.  While v.digit works when I
> select "none" for a digitizer, v.digit2 does not work.
> We are using have grass4.1.
>
> I am stuck.    It seems like there could be a number
> of reasons why I can not get the CALCOMAP 9500  digitizer to  work.  Our
> manual did not provide much information, so I am not confident that I am using
> the correct format statement.  Does any one have any  clarification about
> which format statement to use and why v.digit2 will not work for me.  Thank
> You.  Kathy Doyle

Kathy,

We are not even working with v.digit2 so I will stick to v.digit.
Here are the settings that we are recommending for our sites with
Calcomp 9500's.  We do not have one here so this came from one of
our other offices.  It seems to be working for the offices we have
given it to.

Using the template for the Calcomp 9500 set these items:
(I am not sure if they were setting this up for Port A or B so you
may want to try both)

AREA 1:
  Mode
    Point - 1
  Res
    1     - 0
    2     - 1
    3     - 1
  Format
    1     - 0
    2     - 0
    3     - 1
    4     - 0
    5     - 1
AREA 2:  (PORT A)
  Baud
    3     - 1
  Parity
    7/8   - 1
    1     - 1
    2     - 0
    3     - 0
  STOP 1/2   - 1
  TX 2/3     - 1
  PORT       - 1
AREA 3:  (PORT B)
  Baud
    1     - 0
    2     - 0
    3     - 1
  TX 2/3  - 1
  LF      - 1
  PORT    - 1
  ECHO    - 1
AREA 4:
  GPIB
    5     - 1
  TONE 2  - 1
  TONE 1  - 1
  CURSOR  - 1
  PASS DATA - 1
  X on/ X off - 1

We use the cc95f5_16 as the configuration file in the digcap file.
We then use a null modem cable to connect the digitizer.

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov