grass4.1/khoros/ipw

Greg Olsen golsen at larix.unl.edu
Mon May 2 13:28:46 EDT 1994

I have downloaded all of the above.  GRASS is not good for
image processing.  There is a tool box for khoros distributed with
the user contributed software for ipw.  ipw is a good little package
as homemade software goes.  It does some unique things that I have
not seen any other package do.  It is very clunky however.
ipw is fairly extensible.  The file format is simple and writing
your own code is not a huge undertaking (unlike GRASS).  I have adopted
it as the platform I do all of my own coding for.

ipw is available from crseo.ucsb.edu.  Be sure to get the
ipw-contrib.tar.Z file as well as the ipw-(architecture).tar.Z.

Happy trails,
Greg Olsen
Department of Forestry, Fisheries and Wildlife
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68583-0814
Phone: 402-472-9869
e-mail: golsen at unlinfo2.unl.edu