Floating point in 5.0

BAKERWL at uwyo.edu BAKERWL at uwyo.edu
Fri May 6 11:13:59 EDT 1994

Thanks from Marji for the positive news about GRASS.  Of course,
any news from CERL stirs the pot a little.  Those of us who have
substantial contributed code that includes work-arounds for the lack
of floating point will of course benefit from early ideas about how
floating point will be incorporated.  It will be no small matter to
revise the r.le programs, for example, to take advantage of floating
point and (I hope!) the availability of a real "zero" (as opposed to
no data) value.  I hope CERL and OGI will help us contributing
developers by providing prototype ideas about floating point and the
zero value problem on the programmer's list from time to time.

	Bill Baker
	bakerwl at uwyo.edu