ps.select

Andrea Giacomelli andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it
Tue May 17 18:01:39 EDT 1994

> In article <199405170815.DAA13584 at max.cecer.army.mil> you write:
> : Ok! The strange thing now is that I created the ps.devices directory with a
> : file named hp in it, containing this info, but ps.select doesn't accept
> : hp as a legal value (though it lists it with the -l option)...what is going
> : on ?
> :
> : 			...nearly there...
> :
> : 					       Andrea G.
> Did you put your printer file to $GISBASE/etc/paint/ps.devices -subdirectory ?
> ($GISBASE is your grass-location /usr/local/grass etc..)
(I'm sorry to bother you once more.)
I did. The result of ps.select seems to be unpredictable:
This is what I have in the ps.devices directory:

/users/andreag/Grass/etc/paint/ps.devices
total 2
-rw-rw-rw-   1 andreag  users        131 May 17 09:47 hp

This is what happens giving 'ps.select -l':

hp

...so it seems that Grass sees my file.
But, if I give  'ps.select painter=hp' this is what I get:

Error: value <hp> out of range for parameter <painter>
       Legal range: MONITOR:@hp

Usage:
 ps.select [-lpq] [painter=name]

Flags:
  -l   list all available PostScript painters
  -p   print name of currently selected PostScript painter
  -q   quietly select PostScript painter

Parameters:
  painter   name of PostScript painter to select
However, I managed to select once my hp file, and then everything worked fine,
other times, instead of MONITOR:@hp I get PSPAINTE:@hp or things like this.

						Andrea Giacomelli
						andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it