R.SURF.CONTOUR and real numbers

Simon Cox s.cox at dem.csiro.au
Tue May 24 02:24:34 EDT 1994

>Is it possible to produce a DEM with real data type
>(with 2 decimal numbers) by using R.SURF.CONTOUR,
>or must I transform the units of the input file
>from meters to centimeters?

At present, GRASS rasters are restricted to integer values, thus your idea
of multiplying up from metres to cm is the best thing.  I believe there are
plans afoot to incoroporate this enhancement in GRASS version 5.

Simon Cox

____
Dr Simon Cox                             __  L
CSIRO Div. Exploration & Mining       ,~'  L_|\       Australian
39 Fairway, PO Box 437,            ,-'         \      Geodynamics
Nedlands, WA  6009,  Australia     (            \     Cooperative
      Phone +61 9 389 8421         X    ___     /     Research
      Fax   +61 9 389 1906          L,~'   "\__/      Centre
s.cox at dem.csiro.au                            v