3D for Sil.Graphics

Bill Brown brown at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Wed May 25 09:45:21 EDT 1994

> who has any information about the Silicon-Graphics 3D-Libraries ?

I'm not sure which "Libraries" you mean - if you're talking about GL,
SGI's Graphics Library, the best bet is SGI programming manuals.

> And for a demo of the modul ?

The GRASS program SG3d is a surface rendering program - probably the closest
thing to 3D that's been released until GRASS data structures are extended
to 3D.

If you have an SGI, you can download a demo package from moon.cecer.army.mil
(login anonymous) in grass/incoming , file name SG3D_DEMO.tar.Z (~ 5 MB).
This demo uses the SGI programs "movieplayer" & "showcase" and will work
if you don't have GRASS.  If you already have GRASS, SG3d is in
src.contrib/CERL/SGI/SG3d - there are instructions for compiling there along
with docs & a tutorial.

If you have NCSA Mosaic, you may also want to look at our demo at
http://www.cecer.army.mil/grass/viz/VIZ.html

Bill Brown