Calcomp 9100 digitizer

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Thu May 26 13:52:21 EDT 1994

> Will the Calcomp drivers found in GRASS 4.1 support a Calcomp 9100
> digitizer?
>
> Are ASCII formats 4, 5 and 6 for the 9500 equivalent to formats 1, 2 and 3 as
> defined for the 9100?

We have had success using the cc95f5_16 with Calcomp 9100's setup as we
did with GRASS 4.0 in format 2.

> Are the cable connections to a Sparc the same as those described for the
> Sun 3/110 in src/mapdev/digitizers/calcomp/INSTALL.CALC?
>
> I'm trying to get a 9100 to talk to v.digit, but thus far without success.
> Anyone out there running this hardware environment?

We use a variety of Sparc platforms with SunOS 4.1.3 as well as some
386/486 platforms with AT&T Unix Sys V Rel 3.2.x.

> greg

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS		"Hell, if you understand everything I say,
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov   you'd be me!"  - Miles Davis