Calcomp digitizer 33360

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Fri May 27 12:10:29 EDT 1994

> Hello !
> I've tried to use a Calcomp digitizer model 33360, 16 button cursor.
> I'm using the GRASS Calcomp driver cc95f23_16 .
> When running v.digit everything seems to work correctly. Map registration
> points can be exactly registered (key 0-4 are working correct), but then
>      - the calculated scale is 1:3 while the original scale is 1:5000 !!!
>      - when trying to digitize, I get  "Digitizer read error. Do we continue (y,n)?"

We had the same scale problem when we were digitizing with LTPlus.  Since
grass now uses the LTPlus digitizing code it may be the same problem.
We had our digitizer set up to work for Arc since it is very picky
and let the configuration file for LTPlus reset the modes.  Our problem
was that the digitizer was using the wrong units_per_inch.  We added
this line to the configuration file:
units_per_inch = 1000.0
and it has worked since.

> I would be grateful for your help
>                                    Rolf Krell

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS		"Hell, if you understand everything I say,
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov   you'd be me!"  - Miles Davis