v.digit : the saga continues

Bill Voigt voigtw at insect.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 3 19:21:50 EDT 1994

I have given the suggested fixes contributed by Frank Davis & Ry Jones a
try to no avail (but much thanks anyhow).  All fixes ended up with the same
symptom: apparent
lockup prior during the initial replotting of the vector image.

Last weekend, I downloaded the grass4.1 rev3 binaries for linux from the
moon.  V.digit works fine.  This leads me to believe that perhaps v.digit
was altered duing the rev3 to rev4 upgrades, or that I may have used the
wrong compile flags when I compiled grass4.1 rev4.  Unfortunately, I
cannot spend the time to track down the bug(s), but thought those of you
with more presistence might be interested.

I now have both versions on my linux box, each controlled by different
startup scripts & install directories.

|	 /\ \  / /\ 	Bill Voigt 				             |
|	//\\ .. //\\    Laboratory of Biological Control                     |
|	//\((  ))/\\    University of California, Berkeley                   |
|	/  < `' >  \	(510) 643-8488				             |
|			(510) 642-7992					     |