World Projection Peace

Bob Courtney courtney at agc.bio.ns.ca
Tue Oct 25 08:59:36 EDT 1994

Some points have to be repeated over and over and over again, ad naseum,
because they really do matter. Projection definitions matter and datum
definitions really should be understood. Mr. Evenden takes the time
repeatly to set things right. If some people don't like the tone,
they perhaps should appreciate the tedium of repetition.

I use GRASS extensively and rely on Evenden's PROJ routines to
to non-UTM mapping within GRASS. Much of my misunderstanding of datum
shifts have been corrected by Mr.Evenden.

My final word to the timid is take his very valuable and free advice,
and be thankful.

Bob Courtney
Atlantic Geoscience Centre
Bedford Institute of Oceanography