smoke plume dispersion models???

Eric Lambert lambert at gis.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 25 15:30:27 EDT 1994

Hi,

I am in the early stages of creating a model to run within GRASS (I hope)
which will model the dispersion of a cloud of fog oil from a point source
over time.  Ideally, I would like to get this model to be able to estimate
smoke concentrations in 3 dimensions as it is released and as it dissipates
after the release.

I would really love to hear from someone who has worked on a similar
problem.  So far, all I have come across is a nice 2D model done by
Fred Limp (GrassClippings 1992, Vol 6, no. 2, pg. 15).

So, before I set out to reinvent the wheel, I wanted to ask around the
group first.

Thank you very much for any insights you can offer.

-Eric Lambert

Eric Lambert
ENE Division	         	OR		GIS Labratory/Geography
P.O. Box 9005					318 Davenport Hall
Champaign, IL 61826-9005			Urbana, IL 61801

E-mail:lambert at gis.uiuc.edu			Lab#: (217) 333-5919