Xgrass for solaris ...

Chris Rewerts rewerts at diego.cecer.army.mil
Thu Oct 27 13:34:05 EDT 1994

In info.grass.user you write:

>Hi.

> I have installed the binaries grass4.1 for solaris ...
> I'm trying to compile some programs the xgrass4.1 in solaris 2.3 ...
>
> Question
> 1) I need the libraries Motif to compile xgrass4.1 ?
>    XMINCPATH=
>    XMLIBPATH=
>    XMLIB=
>
> Thus, I have had some troubles to compile s.db.rim and v.db.rim ...
> I get the next error
> -----------------------
> make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `main.c'
> ----------------------
> Question
> 2) Somebody has any idea about what this is ?
> 3) If somebody has compiled s.db.rim and v.db.rim in solaris, please can
>   help me ....

>  if anybody can help, I'd be greatly thankful ..

>Thanks in advance
>Carlos Contreras B.
>e-mail:ccontrer at halcon.dpi.udec.cl
>Concepcion.
>Chile.

1 yes, you need motif libs to compile xgrass. note: you don't need
  xgrass to run grass. it is an optional graphical user interface that
  runs 'on top of' grass

2 do you have a fortran compiler? the 'guts' of the rim stuff is fortran.
  I don't know for sure, but that may be the problem.

3 can't help you there. I am still able to avoid the solaris experience.

Chris Rewerts
USACERL, Champaign, IL