distributed data

Nancy H. Greeley ngreeley at crrel41.crrel.usace.army.mil
Mon Oct 31 10:56:36 EST 1994

>Hi grasslers!
>
>I want to know if it is possible to distribute GRASS data on different
>maschines which are connected in a network.
>Or must the GRASS data lay on the directory MAPSET?
>
>thanx in advance
>Stephan

We have a machine on the network which anyone can use for creating
locations and mapsets, if they want to.   I am on a Sun Workstation when I
start GRASS.  I can type in the database, location and mapset path so that
I am using data from and putting data to this other machine on the network.

Or if I want to, I can make the database, location, mapset be in my home
directory.  Or anywhere else I have access to.

-Nancy