distributed data

David Gerdes dpgerdes at europa.ftc.scs.ag.gov
Mon Oct 31 16:55:00 EST 1994

In article <9410310850.AA00570 at sunc15.kreutler.de> you wrote:
: Hi grasslers!

: I want to know if it is possible to distribute GRASS data on different
: maschines which are connected in a network.
: Or must the GRASS data lay on the directory MAPSET?

: thanx in advance
: Stephan

I am not sure of your exact question, but I have two comments for you,
yes even three:
1. NFS allows one to make a single disk available to a number of machines
2. Users need not be confined to a single path to their data.
   By changing the DATABASE path on the startup screen when running grass,
   the user can select between any number of different GRASS databases.
   This is even easier in xgrass, where it allows you to store a list
   of commonly used paths to GRASS databases.
3. yes the data must be in a DATABASE/LOCATION/MAPSET organization.

--
  David Gerdes
  US Army Construction Engineering Research Lab
  dpgerdes at zorro.cecer.army.mil

     Currently at:

      USDA Soil Conservation Service/TISD
      2625 Redwing Rd, Suite 110