Deriving values from a raster map

N R A nra at cix.compulink.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 13:57:00 EDT 1994

Is there anyway to determine the value of a number of raster layers at a
position defined by a sites file ?

The example our Hydrology want to do is :-
they have a sites file containing their tipping bucket raingauges and we
have various raster data sets, such as potential evaporation, standard
average annual rainfall, etc. They would like to be able to 'simply' get
the value of each raster at each raingauge site

I've shown them 'd.what.rast map=x,y,....' and they think that's great -
I just feel that there should be some way to do it in a more elegant
style.

Thanks for any help,

Steve Culshaw
NRA North West