McCauleys site programs (~Cressie 1991) for linux!

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Sep 5 15:06:42 EDT 1994

Kim Dralle (kdr at dina.kvl.dk) writes on 5 Sep 94:
>Have anybody had succes compiling his programs to a linux box? Please let me know.

I am not aware of any problem that linux users (specifically) would
have (a lot of the stuff was developed under a BSD system; only
within the past few months has my shop gone completely SysV).
As always, I encourage bug reports and fixes.

For those interested, here's a short update on development work at
Purdue:
  1. I've done more work on s.semivar. It's still not reached completion,
     but I've added a few features, such as probability plots (normal
     and lognormal) and manual model fitting (like Geo-EAS). In the
     manual model fitting, I've included the RBF used by s.surf.[tps,2d].
     STATUS: I'll announce a new version "real soon now" (I'm working on
     documentation).
  2. s.kcv is undergoing minor changes.  STATUS: ask.
  3. I'm adding another program to my suite, which I think I'll call
     s.goodness. It will compute lots of statistics for goodness of
     fit hypothesis testing, including b_2, root of b_1, Geary's test,
     D'Agostino's D, Watson's U^2, Durbin's Exact (modified
     Kolmogorov), Cram\'er-von Mises family (C-vM's W^2,
     Anderson-Darling's  A^2, Kuiper's V), plus others.
     STATUS: not completely debugged, and documentation is half-baked.
     I first intend to submit this to STATLIB and then do the GRASS bit.

If you intend to use 1 or 2, please get in touch (there are *old*
versions on the ftp site).

For 1 & 3, I would greatly appreciate help in testing. I'll make
announcements to the programmer's list (grassp-list at moon) when they
are ready.

Thanks for listening,

--Darrell