Importing common bitmaps

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Sep 7 04:07:21 EDT 1994

Arjen de Ruijter (Arjen.deRuijter at bk.tudelft.nl) writes on 06 Sep 94:
>Is there another way to import a 'common' bitmap into Grass. I mean formats
>as TIFF, GIF, etc.
>The r.in.sunrast option doesn't work on my type of sunrast files.

(you might try using xv or pbmplus to save it in the other variant
of sun raster files).

ideally, we should have r.in.ppm since netpbm (pbmplus) is distributed
with grass. That way we don't need r.in.sunrast, r.in.tiff,
r.in.gif, etc. Am I correct in this thinking? Is there any instance
where ppm is not generic enough?

It shouldn't be hard to write - anyone working on it?

>Arjen de Ruijter

--Darrell