HELP! re:GRASS

RALPH MORGAN research at ozemail.com.au
Sun Sep 11 21:19:55 EDT 1994

I am a volunteer member of the New South Wales State Emergency Service,
Sydney Northern Division. (in Australia). Our group of local emergency
service units is looking at installing a GIS system. Due to a very limited
budget
(public donations) for items other than rescue equipment, I am investigating
cheap (free?) GIS software. The local distributor for ARC/Info suggested that
the GRASS package may be suitable.
I have requested a subscription to the GRASS users' list, but would appreciate
any immediate help with the following:
   1. What is the login/password for site moon.cecer.army.mil ? (I read that it
is
the ftp site for GRASS) I've tried anonymous/guest etc...
   2. What is the latest version of GRASS. Where can I get up-to-date
information about it?
   3. Is there a version available to run on an IBM-compatible machine under
DOS?
   4. If not, what are the hardware requirements?
   5. Where can I obtain the latest version, and what is the cost?
Thankyou in advance for your assistance.

Ralph Morgan (Intelligence Officer, SES Sydney Northern Division)