v.digit problems: STILL

Ry Jones rjones at halcyon.com
Wed Sep 14 20:40:44 EDT 1994

>The problem:
>Possible source of the problem:
>	I have had this problem since I cp'd files from one disk to the
>other (whch was mounted as a directory) e.g.
>cp -R /usr/grass /mnt/usr/grass

yep, that did it.

go to your /mnt/usr/grass/dev directory, your fifos will be messed up. I
promise. The same thing happened to me, too.

The solution? I did a make devices from the top level (I think). I'm under
microsloth winblows, and I can't just hop over to my linux partition for the
directory.

If that's not it, just remember, it would be worse in Indiana.
--
rjones at halcyon.com net.viking                                           OG+GOT;
GCS/S/O: d? H--- s+:+ g+ p1+ au-- a- w+++ v++ C++++ UL++++ P+  L++  3-  E---
r+++ !n---- y++++ GeekCode v2.1 available:  finger hayden at vax1.mankato.msus.edu