Tcltkgrass with linux - Slakware

Bill Voigt voigtw at insect.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 26 15:16:03 EDT 1994

I am using Slackware 2.0 linux and have recently loaded the Slackware
distribution of tcl7.3a and tk3.6a.  I believe that these are the
binaries and include files.  When I try to install tcktkgrass, the
Makefile asks for the location for tcl7.3a and tk3.6a.  I have no files
(nor directories) by that name.  What I have are directories:
 ./tclX/7.3a/ and
./tkX/3.6a.
I also have directories called ./tcl and ./tk

I have tried compiling tcltkgrass using the tclX/7.3a and tkX/3.6a
directories, but this fails when it cannot find tk.h.  Should the
appropriate tk3.6a directory be the one which contains tk.h?

I guess my question is what file(s) are being pointed to in these
makefile directories?  Is there anyone who is using tcltkgrass under
linux who can help with a copy of their Makefile, or with some advice on
getting tcltkgrass compiled.  Thanks alot.

p.s.  I realize that a new improved version of tcltkgrass is expected
soon, any idea of how soon?  In other words, should I hold my breath?
Thanks in advance,

|	 /\ \  / /\ 	Bill Voigt 				             |
|	//\\ .. //\\    Laboratory of Biological Control                     |
|	//\((  ))/\\    University of California, Berkeley                   |
|	/  < `' >  \	(510) 643-8488				             |
|			(510) 642-7992					     |