Importing US GeoData

Marcus Tooze tooze at vinny.cecer.army.mil
Wed Sep 28 15:09:49 EDT 1994

: 267

> I am considering purchasing land use and land cover US GeoData from USGS.
> There are two formats available:  vector polygon format, and grid cell format.
> Does anyone have recommendations for one over the other?  Has anyone had
> difficulties importing these data?

We looked at this data, but decided against it due to it's age (1970's
in sme cases). The raster is pure binary stuff 'imported' by using
r.support (in other words, it's not really inported, but the assoc. supporting
files are created for it). The vector I don't know about...it's probably DLG
though.

Marcus Tooze
USACERL-TAC