hint from SUN users

Andrea Giacomelli andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it
Fri Apr 28 08:00:00 EDT 1995

(I'm not sure the first posting of this arrived)

Hi,

A friend of mine has to install GRASS on a Sun machine.

Time ago I remember there were problems for this, because Sun does not
give X11 libraries in its standard distribution.

My questions are:

1- Is this correct ?

2- If so, what is the solution ? Can the X11 (rel 5 or 6, by the way?)
be downloaded from somewhere ? Is there a compiled version on the moon ?
Does anybody know of other distributions of GRASS, say on CD-ROM, which
are tailored for SUN ?

Thank you!
--
                                        Andrea Giacomelli