statistics for GIS?

Marianna Clark mclark at statsci.com
Wed Apr 26 15:16:11 EDT 1995

Hello,

I need some information from GRASS users.  I am working on a research project
to develope a GUI which integrates S-PLUS and GIS software (especially GRASS).
(S-PLUS is an interactive computing language which provides functions for
graphics, statistical modeling, and statistical and mathematical computation.
For more info see the StatSci home page:  http://www.statsci.com/)

We currently sell an add-on module which allows data transfer between S-PLUS
and ARC/INFO and S-PLUS commands to be issued from ARC/INFO.  But we want
to extend this to allow S-PLUS to work with a variety of GIS software and
to provide a GUI which gives a user easy access to the statistical functions
which are useful in this domain.

So my question is, what sort of statistical analysis are you currently doing
on your GIS data or what statistical functionality would be useful to you?

Thanks for any help.

Marianna Clark
StatSci Division of MathSoft, Inc
mclark at statsci.com