v.support problems

Trond Rinde tr at grana.ivb.unit.no
Fri Apr 28 04:06:54 EDT 1995

Hello!

I have tried hard to make "v.support" work on my new-installed version of Grass4.1-5, so far without any success. However I have noticed the following:

1)
When I run "v.support" on a vector map that is created by "v.in.arc", "v.support" terminates with an error message:

	sh: 14579 Memory fault - core dumped
	ERROR(v.support):  Could not build vector file: 'creeks'

2)
When I run "v.support" on an allready existing vector map, f.ex. the SPEARFISH-roads map, it works whithout any problems.

3)
If I use "v.out.arc" to export the SPEARFISH-roads map to arc-info GENERATE files, and then use "v.in.arc" to reimport it to f.ex. roads-2, and finally run "v.support" on the the roads-2 map, it crashes with the same error message as before.

I now wonder if the problem might be in "v.in.arc" instead of "v.support".

Have anyone experienced similar problems when importing GENERATE files with "v.in.arc", and then using "v.support" afterwards.

Any comments that could bring me further would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!
Trond Rinde

PS!
Thanks for the answers to my former posting to the list.

PSPS!
I am working on a Sun-SPARCstation LX, with SunOS 4.1.3C. I downloaded the Grass source from the moon and compiled it myself.