grass and arcinfo

Max Grad 100450.1143 at compuserve.com
Thu Aug 31 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hello Grass-users,

I am totally new to GRASS and - naturally - I have got some
questions which I hope someone out there can help me to solve

1.) Hardware and Software

I am using a 486 33 DX Machine with 2x 1.3 GB harddisks, 16 MB
RAM, ISA Board. I just bought "LINUX unleashed" with
Slackware's 2.2.0 version of LINUX.
Is somebody using this LINUX Version in a comparabel hardware
shell with GRASS ? Does it work ?

A main target within my GRASS applications will be
dataacquisition with GRASS, using a ALTEC DATATAB II, and
converting the vector data to ARC/INFO format.
I would like to attribute my polygons (geological entities) in
GRASS.
Is it possible, to bring the geometrical *AND* the attribute data
into ARC/INFO (e.g. creating ARC/INFO's export format with
GRASS)  and vice versa?
Thanks i.a. for any comments.

Regards
Max Grad