Training on GRASS...

root at nouvelot.orstom.fr root at nouvelot.orstom.fr
Tue Aug 29 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Brian Connelly writes....

>           Hello,
>
>           I am interested in taking a GRASS training course and would
>           like to know what types of courses are available in the US.
>           If anyone has any information on GRASS training and where it
>           is offered, I would very much appreciate it.
>
>           Thank you,
>
>           Brian Connelly
>           North Central River Forecast Center
>           National Weather Service

 You could add my name to the list. I teach a semester long course on
GIS applied to hydrologic applications. We develop DEMS, infiltration
maps, rainfall maps from NEXRAD, and model watershed hydrology using
R.WATER.FEA and some other GRASS  modules we've written for various
supporting functions. I've taught this course for the last 5 years and
the last 2 years using GRASS. I have also given training to the NWS on GRASS
applications to hydrology.

For further information contact:
Dr. Baxter E. Vieux, P.E.
Associate Professor
School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science
202 West Boyd Street, Room CEC 334
Norman, Oklahoma 73019

Until December 18th email reaches me at
the ORSTOM Hydrology Lab in Montpellier France
vieux at nouvelot.orstom.fr
After...at:
vieux at chief.ecn.uoknor.edu