Problem with data and manual files under LINUX

ROMAN ANTONI KAMINSKI TSS at mwod.sggw.waw.pl
Sat Aug 19 08:00:00 EDT 1995

*<>*
*<>*   I am running GRASS under LINUX and I'm experiencing some problems:
*<>*
*<>*   Using the command - cat sfcpioz* | uncompress -c | (cd /usr ; cpio -icdu
)
I used cat sp.cpio.Z.* | zcat | (cd /spear; cpio -icdu)
It was ok

*<>*
*<>*    I have been able to load the Spearfish data set.  The problem is this
*<>*command, and every other variant of cat, zcat, uncompress, gzip, and cpio w
il
*<>*l
*<>*not work to load the world dataset, the Imagery data set or the installg.z
*<>*manual.
*<>*
*<>*    I must be missing something simple...  HELP !
*<>*
*<>*Thanks
*<>*
*<>*