Tutorial for GRASS

Bill Brown brown at gis.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 17 08:00:00 EDT 1995

There use to be a beginner's tutorial available by anonymous
FTP from scanner.frw.uva.nl:pub/grassman.*. There were ASCII,
WordPerfect, and PostScript versions available.  I don't know
if they are still there, but I couldn't see anything there
just now when I tried.

When you run d.erase, the new region boundaries for your
display are set.  To see something in the window again,
you need to do a d.rast, d.vect, etc.

You might try calling the CAST Training Program Coordinator at
(501) 575-6159.  Maybe they would sell/give you some of
their classroom materials (wouldn't it be nice if they put
them on-line).
[  http://www.cast.uark.edu/d.cast/profdev.html  ]

You could also try contacting:
Carine O'neil - Grass Coordinator
Center for Remote Sensing and Spatial Analysis
College Farm Road
New Brunswick, NJ 08903
(908) 932-1582
[  http://deathstar.rutgers.edu/courses.html  ]