Strange zoom

Casey Claiborne mskc at io.com
Mon Aug 14 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hello,
        I was wondering if anyone knew why the following is happening to me.

1) I run the script "grass.logo.sh", the logo comes up fine

2) I would like to zoom in on a section of the logo so I type
        g.zoom

3) I select a section on the logo, At the bootom of the screen, I get
        north: 492100    south: 492100    east: 595700    west: 595700

4) I then hit the right mouse button. I get
        This region saved as current region
        Note: run d.erase for the new region to affect the graphics

5) I run d.erase but the screen (or monitor) turns black altogther.

I am running spearfish data. Is there some other sample data that I should
be using with the "zoom" capabilities? All I want to do is bring up a map
and then pan and zoom to a specified place on the map.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated!

Casey

One must note the importance of setting reasonable and achievable goals for
                    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time"
                               -Theodore Roosevelt