What is Status of GRASS CD for Linux?

David Mandel dmandel at transport.com
Sat Aug 12 08:00:00 EDT 1995

    I have used GRASS in the past and liked it a great deal, but have been
distracted by other matters for six months or a year or so.  So I'm kind
out of date regarding any changes in GRASS.

    In any case, I'm thinking about bringing GRASS up on my home system
(a 486/33 with 16 mb RAM and 750 mb disk running Linux) and preparing
a talk for the Portland Linux Users Group.  If I do this I'ld have to get
a copy of GRASS and it is a pain to download given my slow data lines.
However, as I recall someone was preparing a GRASS on Linux CD for
distribution.  Does this exist?  If so how can one get a copy?

    If I have to download it, what is the best ftp site to use?

                                            Thanks,
                                            Dave

 David Mandel, Linux Activist             dmandel at transport.com
 Internet Provided by:   Transport Logic         (503) 243-1940
               Serving the Pacific Northwestern USA
 Portland  *  Vancouver  *  McMinnville   *   Salem    *   Bend