LABELING to a monitor ???

Bonnie Weller weller at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 4 08:00:00 EDT 1995

?05?09?16?pm%bnr?ca}?{199508040714?AA15970%xs1?xs4all?nl}@bnr.ca>
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

In info.grass.user you write:

>d.paint.labels should do the job; remember that d.paint.labels can only
>display labels previously defined with d.labels or p.labels. Check the
>label-file and your region settings, I suggest.

I created the files using p.labels.  I also created the labels files
myself using the required parameters.  As I said.  The labels showed up
fine when using it in a script with p.map, but d.paint.labels did not show
up when I used it from the command line.  (Nor did the labels show up when
I called the previously created file up using p.labels.)  Weird huh ?

I'm probably missing some small detail but I can't figure out what.
I've read the damn manual at least 10 times.  To my mind I am doing
it right.

Thank you for responding

Bonnie
weller at acca.nmsu.edu