Two Questions (r.support(?) and v.out.arc)

Tom Orth orth at skyler.arc.ab.ca
Mon Aug 28 17:30:39 EDT 1995

Ok, two questions:

	1./ The default "total rows" and "total columns" appear to
	    be 1.  I wish to change this, and have been doing so by
	    editing the WIND file directly.  How do I change this default
	    through GRASS, and how do I change it on the fly for select
	    maps ?  r.support allows me to change the # of colums, but
	    strangely enough not the number of rows.  Am I missing something
	    here ?

	2./ We have a mapset whose overlay is 15135 polygons within GRASS. When
	    we use "v.out.arc type=polygon vect=overlay arc_prefix=overlay, it
	    generates overlay.* files which have 23400 polygons.  Is there a
	    reason for this, or is v.out.arc broken ?

	Thanks !

Thomas Orth, M.Sc.                              Alberta Research Council
Research Officer                                3rd Floor, 6815 8th Street N.E.
Advanced Computing & Engineering                Calgary, Alberta T2E 7H7
Spatial Information Management and Analysis     Canada
Email:              Phone:             Fax:                WWW:
orth at arc.ab.ca      (403) 297-7571     (403) 297-2339      http://www.arc.ab.ca