STATRT GRASS in Linux? help!

Gordon Dewis gordon at pinetree.pinetree.org
Thu Dec 21 07:00:00 EST 1995

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995 br00369 at bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu wrote:

>       Days ago, I installed GRASS4.1 (linux versiton, binary), everything
> seems go well.  However, I simply could not start GRASS4.1.  When I tried to
> start it, the following message appeared on the screen:
>
> #grass4.1
> "xterm": unknown terminal type.
> could not open terminfo file /usr/lib/terminfo/x/xterm.
> the terminal you are using is not defined.
> #
>
>       Does anyone have such experences? What should I do next? Any
> advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks

I just checked my /usr/lib/terminfo/x directory:
-------8<-------
gordon at pinetree% cd /usr/lib/terminfo/x/
/usr/lib/terminfo/x
gordon at pinetree% ls -l
total 4
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           10 May 30  1995 xterm -> ../v/vs100
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         1348 Jun  9  1994 xterm-bold
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         1383 Jun  9  1994 xterm-ic
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            8 May 30  1995 xterm-vi -> xterm-ic
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           11 May 30  1995 xterms -> ../v/vs100s
gordon at pinetree%

You may be missing some symbolic links.  Feel free to email me directly. :)

  --G

--
  Gordon Dewis             |  WWW Virtual Library Geography Section is now at:
  4th year Geography Hons  |    http://www.icomos.org/WWW_VL_Geography.html