SIR-C data in GRASS

Bill Brown brown at gis.uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 19 07:00:00 EST 1995

>> Hi,
>> I expect to receive in a short time some SIR-C data.
>> I would like to know if anybody on the list has already had
>> a chance to work on these kind of data in GRASS, and if any
>> peculiar problems have been found, especially without having IDL
>> to run the utilities from JPL.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>                                      Andrea Giacomelli
>>                              andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it
>>

>We tried but it didn't work. SIR-C data are floating points. One has to
>convert everything beforehand.
>Bob Su

It looks more complicated than that - see:
http://southport.jpl.nasa.gov/sampledata/Readme.dataformat.html

but you could probably code something to pull out what you
need without too much problem.

But it looks to me like you can get SIR-C images in tiff format, if
that would suit your needs.

Bill Brown