Need Orientation

Zorka Zegarra R viewps at llareta.dagh.uta.cl
Mon Feb 27 09:01:15 EST 1995

>>In message <199502261451.LAA24888 at llareta.dagh.uta.cl>  writes:
>> Hi' GRASS User's:
>>
>> I' beginning to work with grass4.1, have two maps raster and vect the
>> a locality and like associate information to every one the areas that
>> is in the maps ...who can do it? ...
>>
>> thank for you orientation....
>>
>> 		Zorka
>> e-mail:viewps at llareta.dagh.uta.cl

Michael write:

>If I understand your question, you can associate information with different
>areas using r.support for the raster file and v.support for the vector file.
>Choose the update category file option and enter the data when prompted.

>Michael Hanratty                           Phone: (612) 627-4590
>St. Anthony Falls Laboratory               Fax: (612) 627-4609
>Dept. of Civil Engineering
>University of Minnesota
>Mississippi River @ 3rd Ave. SE
>Minneapolis, MN 55414

I'intented use r.support but allow me associate only information single ...
e.g. :
1:river
2:soil

I' need allow the user to manipulate and store MULTIPLE PIECES of
information(data) for a single point

Why can get it????

I'have DBMS Ingres in other machine. Is posible use it for the associate
information to the maps???

Thank for you orientation

	Zorka

e-mail: viewps at llareta.dagh.uta.cl