projections in GRASS

Vicente Sosa vsosa at anaya.es
Mon Feb 27 07:35:43 EST 1995

Hi,

        has anybody out there any experience transforming raster data
between projections?

        In particular, I'm looking for a method to transform Lat-Long DEM
data ( europe from ETOPOS5 ) to a conic projection ( say, Lambert ). I need
this to feed the transformed height data to a 3d rendering package (
renderman ) to generate an orthographic zenithal view that will be
incorporate as background to a vectorial postscript map.
I know how to transform GRASS vector data between projections using MAPGEN,
but I haven't found any reference to this problem with raster maps.

Is there a solution to this problem inside GRASS ( or outside )?
I would very much appreciate any help.

Please, send the answers directly to me. I don't know why, but I can not
subscribe grassu mailing list!

Thanks in advance!

vic
* Vicente Sosa, Grupo Anaya                        *
* J. I. Luca de Tena, 15 - 28027 Madrid, Spain     *
* tfno: 34 1 320 01 19; fax: 34 1 742 66 31        *
* e-mail: vsosa at anaya.es  APPLELINK: SPA0263       *