file coordinate identification

Eric Lambert lambert at gis.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 24 11:01:23 EST 1995

In the new r.mapcalc (4.2) there is a row() and col() function.  So, one can
create new maps for each (i.e. a map of every cells row number and another of
every cells column number) and querry them directly, or use them in further
r.mapcalc operations.

GOod Luck.

-Eric

Eric Lambert
ENE Division                    OR              GIS Labratory/Geography
P.O. Box 9005                                   318 Davenport Hall
Champaign, IL 61826-9005                        Urbana, IL 61801

E-mail:lambert at gis.uiuc.edu                     Lab#: (217) 333-5919
WWW: http://ice.gis.uiuc.edu/LAESA/lambert/lambert.html

<> Greetings,
<>
<> Can somebody please tell me if there is a way to identify the file
<> coordinates (i.e. row, col) of a raster map by using the mouse (or any
<> other means) to click on a point in the display.  d.what.rast appears to
<> return only the geographic or projection coordinates, but not the file
<> coordinates.  Similarly, can a cell be isolated (described or identified)
<> by manually entering the file (or map) coordinates?
<>
<> I am at a loss!  All help appreciated.
<>
<>
<> Steve King
<> Hydrologist                                  10159 East 11th St., Suite 300
<> NOAA, National Weather Service                       Tulsa, Oklahoma  74128-
3050
<> Arkansas-Red Basin River Forecast Center     Off: (918)832-4109
<> sbk at awips1.abrfc.noaa.gov                    FAX: (918)832-4101
<>
<>
<>