ps.map and grid command

Robert Atnip atnip at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 23 18:59:51 EST 1995

ON??at?Feb?22??95?12?40?55?pm at bnr.ca>
Originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

> Good Afternoon,
>
> Has anyone had probelsm with specifying a coordinate grid in ps.map ?
>
> ps.map specifies the grid in meters , asking for one values , but this
> only produces on lon line when I execute the ps.map command. ?
>
> I'm trying to specify a 50km grid but no luck, that is the grid isn't
> showing on the hardcopy output ?
>
> Any one seen this before ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeremy

Jeremy,
  50km is a large area.  The problem might be that the region you
are plotting is smaller than 50km.  Try displaying the map on the
monitor then use d.grid and set at 50km then see what the display
looks like,  if the grid doesn't show up try zooming out until the grid
shows up.  Hope this will be of help.

                                  Bob Atnip