Environmental Data and Hydrological Models - Queries

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Fri Feb 24 16:09:29 EST 1995

C.E.Stocks (C.E.Stocks at sheffield.ac.uk) writes on 24 February 1995:
>     Does anybody know whether public access is available
>to the Indian Pine Natural Resources Laboratory Map Database, created
>and maintained by the Agricultural Engieering Department at Purdue
>University.

I've put part of it at:

ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/grass/src.garden/agnps-data.tar.gz

and added a link to the "Model Integration in GRASS" homepage:

  http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~aggrass/models/

(IF ANYONE HAS INFO THAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED HERE, PLEASE SEND IT!)

If prodded, I may be able to dig up a class exercise for the Indiana
Pine data that students use to learn the AGNPS-GRASS Interface.

>    I understand that this database contains information that might
>be of value for providing parameters required by the AGNPS and
>ANSWERS distributed parameter models, is this the case?

For ANSWERS, data from this same located are distributed with
GRASS as src.garden/answers/data. If space is a premium, you
may be able to (carefully) combine the two datasets.

rewerts at zorro.cecer.army.mil may have this info

>    Finally, does anyone know of a source for the SWRRB hydrological
>model (simulator of water resources for rural basins).

ask sudhakar at ecn.purdue.edu  (or srin at brcsun0.tamu.edu) for information
about SWAT (supposed a child of SWRRB).

>Chris Stocks.

--Darrell

James Darrell McCauley, PhD        http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/
Dept of Agricultural Engineering   mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University            new-> tel: 317.494.1198 fax: 317.496.1115