v.to.sites, "-i" option; changing projections.

Simon Cox s.cox at dem.csiro.au
Wed Feb 8 20:39:48 EST 1995

Does the "-i" option work in v.to.sites?  I don't seem to be able to get it
to fill in intermediate points.  My typed command is

v.to.sites input=odrs.A output=odrs.A dmax=20 -a -i

My purpose in doing this is that I have some lines with only end-points
digitised, which I want to move to a different projection.  If I use v.proj
then only these end-points get transformed, so the lines snap to a chord
which travels over the wrong bit of country!  I was hoping to be able to
add intermediate sites with sufficient precision to get the output to be
curved - of course I would have to process the output site-list in order to
convert it back to something that v.in.ascii could swallow, and this would
unfortunately mean losing attributes.  Is there a better way?

Thanks                  Simon Cox

Dr Simon Cox                          __  \
CSIRO Exploration & Mining         ,~'  L_|\    Australian
39 Fairway, PO Box 437,         ;-'         \   Geodynamics
Nedlands, WA  6009  Australia   (            \  Cooperative
      Phone +61 9 389 8421      +    ___     /  Research
      Fax   +61 9 389 1906       L~~'   "\__/   Centre
s.cox at dem.csiro.au                         7