GRASS Maps to PC WordPerfect

Bob Feeney feeney at vinny.cecer.army.mil
Wed Feb 15 12:32:02 EST 1995

I just figured out how to get GRASS output
into PC based WordPerfect.

The Hoops -

Hoop 1:  Produce a map using p.map.new or any other
         GRASS mapping tool which can be previewed.

Hoop 2:  Use Snapshot to capture this map from your
         screen.

Hoop 3:  Use xv to edit the image (if needed).  I
         was saving color maps as black/white in xv.

Hoop 4:  Bring into XWP via Graphics.

Hoop 5:  Again, if needed, the image can be edited
         here.

Hoop 6:  Save as ... ASCII TEXT (PC EXTENDED) -
         This file can then be used in a document
         produced on a PC.

For the times when GRASS is being used as the GIS
and PC users are writing the text.

Bob Feeney
USACERL-TAS

----- End Included Message -----