WWW info/help request

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Jan 16 08:14:52 EST 1995

I've experimented a little with hypermail and the grassu archives. For
anyone wanting to review the archives for July-Dec of last year, check
out:

   http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/grassu/

This is largely experimental and may go away - I just wanted to
demonstrate the concept for anyone wishing to do the same. For those
of us without access to info.grass.*, such a service via WWW would be
really valuable (hint! hint!). I don't have the disk space to do it
here but I'd be happy to show someone how to do it. It's really easy.

Also, for those who missed it, I've made a first pass at putting
the GRASS man pages into HTML and made them available via WWW:

  http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~aggrass/

If anyone could help out with cleaning these up, it would be much
appreciated. I'd like to have the conversion finished soon so that I
can ship the HTML code to a more permanent home at some other site.

BTW, with a good search engine, this could be a great
teaching/learning tool. (Does any have any suggestions for search
engines? Something that can do boolean ops over entire files rather
than lines?).

--Darrell
James Darrell McCauley, USDA National Needs Fellow
Agric Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu    +++   http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/